Serve Together, Separately
Get ready for our second club community service project: a 5950 district-wide literacy effort in which Global Travelers will again “serve together, separately.” The objective is promote literacy by providing books to underserved populations at home and abroad. Our timeline is now through January 26.
You can participate in two different ways. Pick one or both.
Option 1: Donate Money to Purchase Books for Colombia
- Member/Associate member participation is our goal, not the dollar amount.
- Click here to access the Donor Form
- Complete the form and mail it with your check to the address listed by January 26. BE SURE TO NOTE “LITERACY CHALLENGE” on the form.
- Checks need to be received by January 26 because the Global Traveler trip to Colombia leaves shortly thereafter.
Option 2: Donate Books to an Organization in Your Community
Donate books to an organization in your community such as a local Free Little Library, homeless shelter, children’s care center, and so on.
- Submit a photo of you with the books AND the number of books and the recipient organization.
- It’s important to include the number of books due to the matches and prizes outlined below.
Extra Fun: A Match and Prizes
For each member/associate member who makes a monetary donation to our foundation OR a book donation to a local organization by Jan 26, our foundation will contribute $10, up to a total of $500 for book purchases in Colombia. Let’s max out this match by having (at least) 50 members / associate members donate money or books by January 26!
District 5950 will be awarding individual and club prizes for:
- Club(s) with the most participants
- Club(s) with the highest number of total books donated (yes, we will be counting ALL the books you donate or that are purchased in Colombia!)
- The individual who donates the most books in the district.
So let’s get started! Send your contribution in today. Gather up those books and donate them to a local organization (remember to send in a picture of your books along with your name and how many you donated.) And check out our Facebook and Instagram pages throughout the month to see how we’re doing!